$9.95 AUSTRALIA WIDE FLAT RATE SHIPPING OR FREE FOR ORDERS OVER $65 • INTERNATIONAL FLAT RATE SHIPPING AUD$25 (SELECT COUNTRIES)
Monista Tea Co. Currently ships to the following countries:
Baking with Tea Leaves
Baking With Tea Leaves
We know you love to drink it, however have you ever used tea as an ingredient in cooking? Check out this delicious tea inspired recipe from the extraordinary Tilly Pamment of Tilly’s Table. Located in the Blue Mountains, New South Wales, Tilly shares the most mouthwatering recipes, including ‘Mandarin & Early Grey Madeleines with Raspberry Glaze’.
Mandarin & Earl Grey Madeleines with Raspberry Glaze
(makes about 24 madeleines)
2 tsp of Monista french earl grey tea leaves
185g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
Finely grated zest of 1 mandarin
125g unsalted butter, melted
125g caster sugar
150g icing sugar
2 tsp freeze-dried raspberry powder
30ml (1 ½ tbsp) mandarin juice
1. Place french earl grey tea leaves, milk and water in a small saucepan and heat until just below simmering. Remove from heat and allow tea to infuse for 10 minutes or so before straining. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
2. Place flour, baking powder, salt and mandarin zest in a medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and caster sugar until combined and bubbly. Add the tea mixture as well as melted butter to the egg and sugar mixture and whisk to combine.
4. Pour wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk gently to combine. Cover bowl and place in the fridge for ½ hour or so (or up to 2 days) to rest.
5. Preheat oven to 190°C (fan-forced) and grease your madeleine tin well with melted butter. Dust the tin with flour, tapping out any excess and set aside.
6. When the madeleine batter has rested, remove from the fridge and scoop a scant tablespoon of batter into each madeleine mould.
7. Place in preheated oven and bake for 4 minutes. Turn the oven off (leaving the madeleines in there – this helps them form their distinctive domed tops) for 1 minute, before turning the oven back on at 160°C. Cook madeleines for a further 4 minutes until peaked and golden.
8. Whilst the cakes are cooking, place all the ingredients for the raspberry glaze in a small mixing bowl, stirring to form a lovely runny glaze.
9. When madeleines are cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool slightly in the tin for a couple of minutes. Remove madeleines, one at a time, spooning a teaspoon of glaze over each before placing on a wire rack to cool and glaze to set. Coating the cakes in icing whilst still warm ensures a lovely thin, shiny coating of glaze. Once the glaze it set, eat madeleines with a big cup of tea.
BECOME A MONISTA TEA VIP*
& RECEIVE A FREE INFUSER
WITH YOUR FIRST PURCHASE OVER $75
Monista’s tea range comprises of black tea, green tea and organic herbal tea. Hand blended in Melbourne, Australia, with quality ingredients carefully selected from around the world, including Australia.